Durham County is looking for a qualified individual to fill our Erosion Control Supervisor position. Description below:
Erosion Control Supervisor
Durham County Government employs approximately 1,900 employees that work towards providing needed services throughout the community. With a wide array of services, Durham County Government is at the heart of a rapidly growing and diverse area offering residents, employees and visitors exciting opportunities to live, work, grow and play. For more information about Durham County Government, visit www.dconc.gov.
|DEPARTMENT:||Engineering & Environmental Services|
|DATE POSTED:||February 26, 2018|
|CLOSING DATE:||March 23, 2018|
Performs complex and professional work overseeing the day to day operations of the County’s Erosion Control Program. This position supervises the Stormwater and Erosion Control Technicians.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering practices and principals particularly as it relates to Hydrology and Erosion Control
- Thorough knowledge of basic construction practices and methods
- Thorough knowledge of relevant state laws and regulations
- Skilled in reading, reviewing, and interpreting plans, drawings, calculations, and maps
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Ability to walk over rough terrain and move around undeveloped property as well as construction sites
- Ability to drive a vehicle and locate permitted properties for inspection
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Construction Management or a related field and three years of experience in erosion control, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
Must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license with a three-year acceptable driving record.
Certification as a Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) or Certified Erosion, Sediment, and Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI).
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, go to https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=dcoprod and follow the prompts.