Durham County is looking for a qualified individual to fill our Erosion Control Supervisor position. Description below:
Erosion Control Supervisor
Durham County Government employs approximately 1,900 employees that work towards providing needed services throughout the community. With a wide array of services, Durham County Government is at the heart of a rapidly growing and diverse area offering residents, employees and visitors exciting opportunities to live, work, grow and play. For more information about Durham County Government, visit www.dconc.gov.
|Engineering & Environmental Services
|February 26, 2018
|March 23, 2018
Performs complex and professional work overseeing the day to day operations of the County’s Erosion Control Program. This position supervises the Stormwater and Erosion Control Technicians.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering practices and principals particularly as it relates to Hydrology and Erosion Control
- Thorough knowledge of basic construction practices and methods
- Thorough knowledge of relevant state laws and regulations
- Skilled in reading, reviewing, and interpreting plans, drawings, calculations, and maps
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Ability to walk over rough terrain and move around undeveloped property as well as construction sites
- Ability to drive a vehicle and locate permitted properties for inspection
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Construction Management or a related field and three years of experience in erosion control, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
Must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license with a three-year acceptable driving record.
Certification as a Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) or Certified Erosion, Sediment, and Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI).
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, go to https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=dcoprod and follow the prompts.